Creating PSP Themes is very simple, but I noticed that many people cannot do it, so I will give you a little tutorial so that you can do it yourself.
There are 2 types you can do with PSP Theme Creator
1. PSP wallpapers
2. PSP themes
Although the result is with the same extension called .ptf, but its different things
1. PSP wallpapers have background, but icon is standard of PSP theme creator
2. PSP themes have a background and all icons created by yourself.
To make the backgrounds and icons I recommend using Adobe Photoshop and to convert to .ptf format we need PSP Theme Creator, you can have it for free, just search through Google search to find it
Here are the 3 easy steps to make PSP wallpapers:
1. The first thing you need is the background or wallpaper for your PSP, with the Photoshop image open that you like, please resize the image to 480×272 pixels and then save as BMP / Bitmap format, change the Image size back to 300×170 pixels, save it as BMP format, now you have 2 images with different sizes, 480×272 pixels for the background and 300×170 pixels for the preview image
2. Finished with the background, we still need 1 icon for the preview icon, you can make a preview icon of your image, just crop the image with the cropping tool in Photoshop as you like, resize it to 16×16 pixels and then click File tab> Save for web> change output format to PNG-8> Save
3. Now after creating the wallpaper for the background and the icon for the preview icon, we are ready to turn them into PSP wallpaper, just open the PSP Theme Creator, click the information of the tab and write a title, product ID and version for your theme, then click the Wallpaper tab> open the 480×272 pixel bitmap image made before, click the Other tab> open the PNG icon for the preview icon and the 300×170 pixels image for the preview image, the last step click the File tab> Export> Save, finally all the image and icon have converted to .ptf extension, It means that the theme has been created and the files are ready to put on your PSP. Congratulations!